Sonntag, 7. April 2013

What happend since January

One more post in English - especially for my family in SA:

After the operation in January I had recovery time of three to four weeks :-) Beginning of February the first check-ups for the very complicated radiation therapy started. I had to lie stock-still for half an hour, because a CT was shot before every radiation unit. To be sure about the exact position of every radiation unit I was lying in a bed which was adjusted to the exact position of my body (see the pictures I uploaded in this post).

After 18 out of 25 radiation units the radiation therapy was cancelled and I have started with a new chemotherapy. The reason was a big red area on the skin around the operation scarve. Furthermore I could hardly breath hoping it was a normal cough or caused of the radation therapy. Again a biopsy of the skin was taken and CT of thorax and abdomen was shot. I received one bad news after the other: first the tumor is in the skin active and secondly the tumor in the lunge as well.

Well, as you can imagine I had my worst week of my life three weeks ago. Except of all that bad news I had to cope with I could hardly breath (because of the cough resulted from the tumor in the lunge). Furthermore I had an inflammation of the oesophagus caused from the radiation, so I could hardly eat. But thats still not all! I treated my body with care, stayed at home and took one rest after the other. And that led to terrible back pain. In short: in this week I could not breath, eat and walk...

So, I'm still in the first chemo cycle. I will receive at least three cycles. One cycle is at least lasting 21 days. After those three treatments I get a restaging and further plans will be made.
Back in Chemotherapy - this one feels different than the first one. It feels as if it will work out correctly this time :-) But for all of that I still have not lost my good mood!!! :-)))

Stay updated
Hugs
Katharina

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen